Outside Sales Industrial Coatings Representative
The primary responsibility of the Industrial Coating Sales Specialist is attaining growth of Rust-Oleum Industrial products through end-user Industrial Contractors, manufacturing facilities and OEM. Responsibilities include developing business plans that entirely focus on Industrial coatings sales, developing leads through strong communications with store managers and other sales reps and projecting new potential growth opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, evaluate and maintain an effective Industrial sales and marketing plan to grow the Rust-Oleum product line.
- Ensure market growth through effective account prospecting and increase in Industrial sales.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Industrial accounts through site and office visits.
- Visit job sites reviewing competitive data in an effort to gain knowledge of jobs to either inquire or present as a lead to Industrial Paint Contractors.
- Educate all Industrial Contractors on all Rust-Oleum Industrial products.
- Identify new selling opportunities and close new deals in alignment with market strategies and assigned goals.
- Continue to grow business in assigned territory.
- Maintains a list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from, cold calls, newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- As an ambassador for the company, exhibits a highly positive attitude around both internal and external customers
- Demonstrates professional selling skills and competencies related to planning, opening, probing, presenting, dealing with objections and closing
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with company CRM to keep account activities up to date. Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems and issues.
- Attends trade shows.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Produce results with minimal day to day direction.
- Demonstrates understanding of company’s 5 step selling process.
- Demonstrates ability to positively contribute to company’s culture of teamwork.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude to internal and external customers.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts.
- Ability to teach customers about product and product usage.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and manage time to achieve expected results.
- Creativity in resolution of problems and in taking advantage of selling opportunities.
Core Values: To perform the job successfully, the Sales Representative must demonstrate and reinforce with all employees the JC Licht Core Values:
- Engage our customers with passion.
- Respect one another.
- Demonstrate openness and honesty.
- Be energetic, be positive and win.
- We are the JC Licht family, all equally important.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of 3 years of proven success selling Industrial Coatings;
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bi-lingual Spanish or Polish a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have capacity to utilize of Spreadsheet software; Order processing systems; Word Processing software; Internet software and Contact Management systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Driver’s license and insurability; NACE and/or SSPC strongly desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.