Summary: The primary responsibly of the Paint Tint Specialist to provide superior service to all customers and with emphasis on paint tinting and color matching. Will assist the store manager and assistant store manager as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor or homeowner regarding color of paint.
- Selects premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors.
- Assist customers with paint orders; in store and over the phone
- Quickly and accurately place orders and run POS program
- Answer technical questions on prepping surfaces, paint issues and application techniques
- Operate all material handling, tinting, mixing and testing equipment in a safe manner
- Assist all customers in a professional and timely manner upon them entering the retail store.
- Answer customer telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner per company guidelines
- Provide knowledgeable assistance to customers with all product lines and services offered by the retail store.
- Determine a customer’s needs by asking questions and listening to the customer’s response.
- To actively participate in all provided training programs offered by the retail store.
- To maintain merchandising standards established by store managers and /or operational managers including sales floor displays, promotional displays etc.
- To actively participate in store activities including unloading of trucks, stocking shelves, carrying merchandise out for the customer, having the ability to lift a determined weight of merchandise.
- Present a professional, neat appearance, maintain a good attendance record and arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Participate in all daily store housekeeping responsibilities that include interior/exterior maintenance, product organization, etc.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlined in the retail employee handbook.
Core Values: To perform the job successfully, the Paint Tint Specialist must demonstrate the JC Licht Core Values:
- Engage our customers with passion.
- Respect one another.
- Demonstrate openness and honesty.
- Be energetic, be positive and win.
- We are the JC Licht family, all equally important.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to work all schedules including weekends.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; a minimum of one years of painting experience. Required to tint paint, therefore must have good color perception.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order processing systems.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed. Valid Driver’s license and insurance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.