- Job Title
- UX Designer
- Job ID
- Northville, MI 48168
- Other Location
- Plan, direct and coordinate UX activities across all products as needed.
- Consult with PLMs to understand product goals.
- Develop personas and user scenarios.
- Participate in SW sprint reviews.
- Create wireframes, storyboards and screen flows.
- Develop mockups for development and stakeholders.
- Analyze user feedback and activity, iterating to enhance the user experience.
- Conduct Usability Testing.
- Utilize usability research to drive UI design.
- Consult with SQA lead to incorporate UX into the Quality Assurance process.
- Communicate design architecture to SCRUM teams.
- Work with SCRUM teams to develop UI templates.
- When necessary, assist in quality assurance efforts – act as the UX expert.
- Work closely with PLMs to ensure developments satisfy product requirements.
- Assist PLMs to quantify UX ROI.
Measures of Accountability:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Broad working knowledge of UX Design processes and tools.
- Ability to stay abreast of the latest UX trends and technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong creative, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage details, while concurrently staying true to overall product long-term vision.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects and driving tasks to completion.
Minimum Education / Experience Required:
- BA in Computer Design, Development or Engineering.
- 5 years of experience creating UX Designs for Application Software.
- Experience with wireframing tools such as Axure and Balsamiq.
- Experience with the Agile SCRUM software development process.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Ability to travel to customer sites (domestic and international).
- Ability to walk extended distances inside auto plants.
- The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.