- Job Title
- Technical Writer
- Job ID
- Troy, MI 48084
- Other Location
The Technical Writer will be responsible for creation, maintenance, and analysis of technical documentation. This role will work across multiple teams with the main responsibility within Software Development.
- Work directly with the Development Team in documenting requirements and designs for product enhancements.
- Develop technical content for products including install guides, administration guides, overview guides, training guides, online help, reference material, release notes, etc.
- Develop online help for customers.
- Maintain and enhance product documentation for ongoing product releases.
- Analyze existing documentation to identify missing and inconsistent content.
- Install and use the product to better understand the technical issues that need to be documented.
- Quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards.
- Demonstrate adaptability and forward thinking in the face of technological or organizational change.
- Propose technical improvements to authoring tools and work with technical leads to evaluate and implement.
- Initiate and drive projects to improve customer experience, efficiency, and sensible cost avoidance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 3 years writing in a technical capacity
- Experience with an information technology company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- SharePoint experience helpful but not required
- Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues
- Timely completion of tasks
- Exceptional work ethic
- Ability to work well across all teams
- Great attitude and enthusiasm