Senior Director, Information Technology
- Job Title
- Senior Director, Information Technology
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN 37027
- Other Location
Title: Senior Director, Information Technology
Our Nashville based client is seeking a Senior Director of Information Technology. A company who truly lives by its Mission and Values, our client is investing in technology, drives business growth, and truly values its' employees, while also being known for it's culture and opportunity for growth from within.
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This position is responsible for strategic direction, leadership, and oversight within the Information Technology organization across multiple technology and functional domains. This role will manage a team responsible for project delivery, ensuring systems stability and introduction of new system capabilities and technical vision to support company's strategy. This position requires comprehensive knowledge of retail business processes and the associated technologies - including Customer Facing, Enterprise Integration, Merchandising & Planning, Supply Chain and Marketing functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead an IT team responsible for implementing and maintaining a portfolio of applications, processes and infrastructure that support the business or internal IT teams that depend on it. (20%)
- Responsible for delivering key projects and initiatives across multiple application and technology domains - ensures that projects are delivered on-time and on-budget. (20%)
- Develops and cultivates strong stakeholder relationships and maintains effective communication channels; assists executive IT Leaders in understanding and negotiating deliverables. (15%)
- Identify technology trends and make recommendations for technology platforms that will assist in supporting IT and company strategies and initiatives. (10%)
- Partner with other IT Leaders to maintain and ensure appropriate project management disciplines are in place and adhered to; prioritization is consistent across domains; systems and changes are properly tested; systems are available, stable and secure at all times. (10%)
- Maintains a strong partnership and working relationship with all of our third party vendors; ensure we are getting the best possible resources and that they are on task and on schedule with projects and initiatives. (10%)
- Supports the annual strategic planning process, acting as thought partner with Leaders in all areas of the company, including IT, store operations, merchandising, supply chain,finance, human resources and legal. (5%)
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action. (5%)
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintain a safe and secure work environment; develop professional growth opportunities. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of Information Technology experience in the retail industry.
- Experience in IT architecture practices, project lifecycle management, software development and operations/support.
- Experience with change management and root cause analysis techniques
- Process improvement
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of IT financial management
- Proven and demonstrable experience establishing and documenting standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Proven track record of leading strategic change across technology environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Experience and comfort dealing with all levels of a matrixed organization and leading primarily through influence
- Experience in a fast-paced technology environment, with a strong focus on business and financial results
- Demonstrated strong retain business acumen
Will have Direct Supervision over 4 Employees
Will have Indirect Supervision over 10+ Employees