Business Systems Analyst Manager
- Job Title
- Business Systems Analyst Manager
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Business Systems Analyst Manager
Assists with eliciting, analyzing, validating and managing the real needs of project stakeholders, including business customers and end-users. Serves as a conduit between the business/customer community and the application team. Manages requirements using system requirement definition, case development, conceptual and logical modeling, and class diagramming. Develops relationships with business partners to ensure that requirements are understood and technical documentation appropriately reflects the business process/need. Offers practical and creative solutions to issues or conflicts between business partners and project management or technical resources. May supervise work of project team members (employees or vendors); coaches and mentors team members on business - technical skills. Provides analytical support and consulting on projects to ensure system and business requirements are clearly documented and understood during the design and development of the application.
The Business Systems Analyst Manager is the primary liaison between the business and IT organizations to provide technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance. The analyst is accountable for ensuring that clear and concise system requirements are captured and will work with their development and business colleagues to develop functional and technical specifications from business requirements. The SA is also responsible for creating interface definitions and mappings and will assist in testing, issue resolution, and creating required system documentation.
The position requires someone who is self-motivated, has a strong technical background, and possesses great communication skills. This position will work as part of a dedicated team focusing on Remarketing initiatives for the client’s Remarketing Business Unit. The candidate should have experience working in a large corporate matrixed environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Has thorough understanding of technical concepts required for specialized field.
- Uses that knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Provides work leadership to others.
- Interfaces with senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction.
- Gather, analyze, document and manage system requirements (both functional and non-functional) for technology solutions that address and satisfy business requirements.
- Translates business requirements to system requirements and functional specifications.
- Collaborates directly with Business Partners, Technology Teams, Solution Architects, Application Developers, Testers, and Requirements Managers (PMO) to ensure they understand the functional requirements of the system.
- Proactively works with stakeholders to identify future system opportunities and enhancements.
- Define and document internal and external user interfaces and support system and data requirement clarification and definition.
- Performs technical analysis of business requirements.
- Documents internal and external system interfaces and related mappings.
- Drives prototyping activities that validate business requirements and solution definitions.
- Assists in quality assurance activities and defining testing strategy and risk.
- Defines detail design components with high level architecture blueprints.
- Coordinates integration activities to ensure successful implementation.
- Completes all required documentation on assigned projects.
- Provides integrated systems analysis and identifies how application/systems interact to support business processes.
- Assists with production validation to ensure technical solutions perform according to defined specifications and business requirements.
- Assists with troubleshooting system production issues when required.
- Deputize for the Project Manager where required.
- Uses technical knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Uses judgment and creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
- May interface with senior management to convey information.
- Expert in technical issue resolutions
- Ability to work with business representatives and apply business expertise to ensure quality and accuracy in articulating the business needs into technical application requirements
- Ability to apply organizational awareness in systems, business, and data processes to translate business and system requirements and objectives into systems deliverables
- Experience working with MS Office, Clarity, MS Visio, and HP Quality Center.
- SQL query experience a plus.
- Experience with Database (MSSQL and Oracle) connectivity.
- Knowledge of system requirements definition processes and modeling methods and tools.
- Ability to apply organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support.
- Experience with API/Services/Java/UI and SOA applications.
- Experience working within a defined development life cycle (Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
- Experience supporting applications within the Financial Services industry an asset.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders.
- Possess the ability to multitask, prioritize and work with multiple users and applications while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Potential travel within the US